The law firm of CHUNG, MALHAS & MANTEL, PLLC provides General Counsel to companies on a monthly flat fee basis. The value of retaining our attorneys as General Counsel for your business is a prudent financial investment in your company’s future. Companies are routinely confronted with legal matters that, if not handled with sound legal judgment, could expose the company or its owners individually to a prospective lawsuit. Moreover, as opposed to retaining in-house legal counsel, contracting with CHUNG, MALHAS & MANTEL, PLLC reduces your company’s tax liability as all services will be tax deductible.
Beyond just mitigating risks or reducing tax liability, our attorneys provide experienced legal representation in domestic and commercial transactions that will enable your company to increase revenue through private equity issuances and strategic alliances. Depending on your company’s needs, CHUNG, MALHAS & MANTEL, PLLC is prepared to provide a custom-tailored legal representation that encompasses the following: civil prosecution and litigation defense; contract drafting and negotiating; private equity issuance legal counsel; human resources; and employment immigration matters. The scope of legal services available under a General Counsel Agreement includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Corporate Financing: Services under a General Counsel Agreement include legal counsel on equity issuances, venture capital financings, strategic alliances, liquidity transactions and issuances of Private Placement Memorandums (“PPM”). This service also includes legal counsel to companies on PPM exemption and compliance with Regulation D of the United States Securities Act of 1933, the preparation of Term Sheets, Subscription Agreements, Stock Purchase Agreements and other financial documents commonly associated with PPMs.
- Corporate Transactions: As part of a General Counsel Agreement, our firm will draft, examine, or negotiate all necessary corporate resolutions, orders, notices, contracts, agreements, or will approve the same as to content and form. This may include the drafting reviewing and negotiation of employment contracts, license agreements, confidentiality agreements, and contracts with independent contractors, commercial leases, subscription agreements and purchase sale agreements.
- Corporate Counseling: As part of our service under a General Counsel Agreement, we have corporate legal counsel attend the meetings of the Board of Directors and review the corporate minutes and other documentation to maintain corporate compliance. This service includes maintaining the company’s corporate books, preparing corporate resolutions, and serving as legal counsel to protect Board Member’s individual assets from any legal claims that may arise against the business.
- Litigation Prosecution & Defense: The reality of today’s business climate is that most successful companies at one time or another will be named as a party to a lawsuit, or in the alternative initiate a lawsuit to protect its interests. Our attorneys excel in obtaining a positive disposition for companies and their owners. This service includes the appearance of one of our attorneys in all pre-trial matters, including but not limited to mediation, arbitration, depositions and oral court hearings. This service also includes rigorous representation of our clients at trial.
- Human Resources: Under a General Counsel Agreement, our firm will provide legal advice, as needed, with respect to terminations, hiring and other employment-related issues of your company’s staff, personnel and independent contractors.
- Employment Based Immigration: Many businesses have locations overseas or seek the talent of individual citizens residing in another country. As part of a General Counsel Agreement, our seasoned immigration attorneys can provide legal services related to the preparation and submission of H1-B (Specialty Occupations & Development Project Workers), L-1A (Intracompany Transferee Executive or Manager) and L-1B (Intracompany Transferee Specialized Knowledge) work visas for applicants seeking temporary work status in the United States. This service includes the drafting and preparation of Immigration packets and the legal representation of H1-B, L1A and L1B applicants at USCIS interviews.
- Intellectual Property: An intricate component of a company’s value is the goodwill it has developed through its efforts or as part of its sales. As part of a General Counsel Agreement, our firm will provide advice and recommendations for the protection and exploitation of company trademarks, copyright, trade secrets and other intellectual property used, owned or developed (excluding patents) by the company.
- International Transactions: In today’s worldwide economy, the value of foreign partnerships and trade cannot be overstated. If your company seeks to expand beyond the United States, the attorneys’ at CHUNG, MALHAS & MANTEL, PLLC will accompany you on this journey and work with your business in identifying overseas partners and engage in binding contractual instruments with foreign entities and preparation of Memorandums of Understanding (“MOU”).