LEGAL ASSISTANT / PARALEGAL (FULL-TIME)
This is a fast paced position, so the ability to multitask is a must. The ability to learn quickly and accurately draft pleadings, motions and correspondences to clients, the court, and other attorneys are desired skills.
- Assist attorneys in drafting pleadings, motions, preparing trial exhibits and trial notebooks, as well as other correspondences.
- Manage attorney calendars (ticklers) and scheduling and confirmation of court hearings.
- Communicate with prospective and existing clients in a professional and courteous manner.
- E-file pleadings and motions and prepare Certificates of Service with the courts.
- Generate, proofread and edit documents.
- Perform administrative tasks (including scanning, shredding, filing, and answering phones).
Position Required Qualifications
- A minimum of 3 years experience in a law office.
- Strong computer skills/typing ability (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, Adobe Acrobat).
- Experience in civil and criminal litigation.
- Impeccable organizational and planning skills.
- Ability to work efficiently with minimal supervision under time constraints/deadlines.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent phone skills and ability to handle multi-line telephone system.
- Bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply.
- Familiarity with Clio or other legal databases is a plus.
$10.00 to $12.00 per hour with a 3 month probationary period.
Please send cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org