Chung, Malhas & Mantel, PLLC is seeking an immigration Legal Assistant/Paralegal that is fluent in both Chinese (Mandarin) and English. Currently the firm has a vacancy in its China practice department involving immigration and international law.
This is a fast paced position, so ability to multitask is a must and we desire applicants that can learn quickly and has a minimum of 3 years’ experience in immigration practice.
- Assist attorneys in drafting USCIS applications and correspondences;
- Manage attorney calendars (tickler) and the scheduling and confirmation of court hearings;
- Communicating with prospective and existing clients in a professional and courteous manner;
- Generating, proofreading and editing documents;
- Perform administrative tasks, including scanning, shredding, filing, answering phones.
Position Required Qualifications:
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in a law office;
- Fluency in English and Chinese (Mandarin);
- Strong computer skills / typing ability (Word, Outlook, Power Point Excel, Adobe);
- Experience in immigration and international law;
- Impeccable organizational and planning skills;
- Ability to work efficiently with minimal supervision under time constraints/deadlines;
- Strong written and oral communication skills;
- Excellent phone skills and comfortable handling a multi-line telephone system.
Preferred but Not Required:
- Familiarity with Clio or other legal database;
- EB-5 experience;
- Past experience in managing staff.
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org