Theft offenses are aggressively prosecuted in Washington State, and conviction can carry serious penalties. If you have been accused of a theft crime, you will need a dedicated and qualified lawyer who will zealously defend your rights. The Seattle Theft attorneys at CHUNG, MALHAS & MANTEL, PLLC will provide an aggressive strategy with the goal of achieving the best possible outcome in your matter.
After closely reviewing the relevant facts of your matter, our Seattle Theft Attorney attorneys will honestly and clearly discuss your legal options with you, and determine what legal strategy we will implement on your behalf. Whether the best course of action is to accept a plea agreement or to fight the charges at trial, you can be sure that our Seattle Theft attorneys will fight for you every step of the way.
In Washington State, the crime of theft is separated into three categories, called degrees, and each degree is determined by the value of the stolen item or service:
- Theft in the Third-Degree: The value of the item or service does not exceed $750. This is a gross misdemeanor, punishable by up to a $5,000 fine, 364 days in jail or both.
- Theft in the Second-Degree: The value of item or service exceeds $750 but does not exceed $5000. This is a Class C felony, punishable by up to a $10,000 fine, 5 years in jail or both.
- Theft in the Third-Degree: The value of the item or service exceeds $5000. This is a Class B felony, punishable by up to a $20,000 fine, 10 years in jail or both.
Penalties differ for theft of motor vehicles, livestock, and firearms. Furthermore, the crimes of robbery, possession of stolen property, and/or extortion (getting money or valuable goods by abusing your position of authority, or through intimidation) are charged under different provisions of the RCWs.
Call Our Seattle Theft Lawyers Now!
If you have been accused of a theft offense, you will need an experienced Seattle Theft attorney with the legal skills and knowledge to successfully fight on your behalf. At CHUNG, MALHAS & MANTEL, PLLC, our dedicated and personal approach to defending theft offenses sets us apart from other attorneys. At our firm, we don’t handle cases, we serve clients. If you have been charged with theft, contact our firm at (206) 264-8999 for a consultation.
Other Topics Related to Criminal Law:
- Criminal Charges Overview
- Driving While Intoxicated (DWI) Offense
- Expunge Criminal Record
- Federal Crimes
- Tax Fraud Defense
- Weapon Possession Defense
- Hit & Run Charge
- Misdemeanors Laws
- Murder Offenses
- Probation Violation Charges
- Sex Offense Law
- Narcotics Charge Defense
- White Collar Crimes Law