Family Immigration Attorney Seattle

At CHUNG, MALHAS & MANTEL, PLLC in Seattle, we assist those seeking to immigrate to the United States through marriage or through close family ties, such as through parent, sibling or child. As is true in all areas of U.S. immigration law, since family immigration often involves complex regulations and procedures, the assistance of an experienced Seattle family immigration attorney can be critical to your success. Our Seattle family immigration lawyer can assist you in a wide range of family immigration and related matters.

Citizenship and Naturalization

Naturalization is the process through which U.S. citizenship is granted to a foreign citizen or national. We review whether a client qualifies for citizenship and identify possible disqualifying factors.

Family-based Immigration / Adjustment of Status (Green Card)

U.S. citizens and green card holders can petition for their family members to become U.S lawful permanent residents (get green cards). If you are the spouse, unmarried child under the age of 21, or parent of a U.S. citizen petitioner 21 or older, you are eligible to get a green card immediately. If you are an unmarried child over the age of 21, a married child of any age, or the sibling (brother or sister) of a U.S. citizen petitioner 21 or older, you will be able to get a green card when your “priority date” becomes current. The spouse or unmarried child of a green card holder is also eligible for a green card when his or her “priority date” becomes current.

Most categories of intending immigrants must first establish their eligibility to adjust status and thereafter adjust status through a multi-step process called Consular Processing. However, some intending immigrants are permitted to establish their eligibility to adjust status and to adjust status at the same time. This is process called “concurrent adjustment of status.”

K-1 Fiancé(e) Visa

U.S. citizens are entitled to bring their fiancé(e) to the United States for the purpose of marriage and her/his permanent relocation to the U.S. Children of the foreign fiancé(e) are also eligible to enter the United States.

Removal or Lifting of Conditions on Permanent Residency

If a foreign national adjusted status based on marriage, and at the time the foreign national was granted U.S. lawful permanent residence he or she was married for less than 2 years, he or she received a “conditional” green card, which is valid for only 2 years. Such a green card requires the holder during the 90 days immediately prior to the 2-year anniversary of receiving the green card to file with the USCIS to have the conditions removed and thereby receive a permanent green card.

Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA)

A new program just announced by President Obama on June 15, 2012. Qualifying undocumented immigrants can apply for permission to stay in the U.S. for up to two years, subject to renewal, and receive work authorization.

Let us at CHUNG, MALHAS & MANTEL, PLLC assist you to reunite with your family, acquire a green card, obtain citizenship, or protect yourself and your freedoms and beliefs. Call our Seattle Family Immigration Lawyers today at (206) 264-8999 for a consultation.

Languages spoken by our professional and support staff include Arabic, Berber, French, Hebrew, Japanese, Mandarin Chinese, Russian and Spanish.

Related Articles:

    Related News: