Chung, Malhas & Mantel’s Federal Tax Group assists businesses and individuals with a wide array of issues. Our team of experienced business and tax professionals has helped individuals and businesses navigate the murky waters of the federal tax code. With more than 80,000 pages, the federal tax code can present many challenges, but having the right team help you with those challenges can make all the difference.
We provide our clients with a wide range of federal tax services, including but not limited to, federal tax collection, entity formation and maintenance, asset protections, business succession planning, mergers and acquisitions, purchase and sale transactions, and general tax planning and advice.
We provide the following services:
Federal Tax Collection
- We have experience assisting clients with liens, levies, seizures and other collection procedures instituted by the IRS.
- We often advocate on clients’ behalf to negotiate installment agreements and offers-in-compromise to reduce or eliminate the burden of federal tax liability.
- We have experience assisting clients with an Offer In Compromise, whereby we have successfully reduced and eliminated the taxpayers IRS debt.
Business Formation & Maintenance
- We have experience assisting businesses in many different industry areas on the best entity to form based on their situation, with a focus on their potential tax liability, protecting their assets and compliance.
- After forming the proper entity, we assist our clients in the maintenance of the entity, assuring compliance with corporate formalities, including but not limited to, drafting operating agreements, shareholder agreements, buy-sell agreements, corporate by-laws, etc.
Mergers & Acquisitions
- We have experience assisting businesses with acquisitions and mergers, whether it be particular assets of a company, all the assets of a company or the stock of a company.
- Our focus is to conduct the best possible due diligence so as to avoid future problems, including the structure and tax implications of a potential merger or acquisition.
Tax Planning & Advice
- We provide general tax planning and advice to individuals and businesses, which include reviewing the assets, structures and tax documents to ensure the clients are using the tax code to their advantage, and not to their demise.
- We have helped businesses and individuals minimize their tax burden through the use of proper planning and execution.
For more information, please contact our attorneys for an initial consultation.